DC Washington Campus
The Associate Librarian oversees the daily operations of the University Library for all campus and online library service points. Works with the University Librarian on enterprise wide library issues, polices, procedures and services. Fills in for University Librarian as and when needed. Works on library initiatives and tasks as assigned.
- Works with the Assistant Librarian to insure daily needs and support of campus LRCs/LRCMs are met
- Fills in for Assistant Librarian as needed and directed
- Coordinates Library outreach efforts to include training, promotional efforts, and liaising with various university departments and constituencies
- Participates in University committees and other duties as assigned
- Develops new library programs, initiatives, and technologies in consultation with the University Librarian
- Directs institutional research and outcomes assessment activities to include information literacy
- Reviews and analyses library strategic and operational plans and works with University Librarian and Library team to modify and improve process and planning documents
- Support accreditation efforts as needed and required.
- American Library Association (ALA) – accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science.
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
- Membership in a professional library or information science organization preferred
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible management and leadership roles within a library, preference given for work within an academic setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library management practices
- Strong customer service skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple duties and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work successfully in a complex organization environment
- Proven instructional skills including online-based reference service
- Ability to manage people
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Excellent and demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to communicate in various electronic environments
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu .
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.