LAC Federal is seeking Assistant Project Managers to work at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area overseeing a dynamic and geographically disperse team of library technicians and material handlers in a high demand environment. Each Assistant Project Manager will have responsibility for one of four technical areas including accessioning of new acquisition, collections maintenance, serials bindery and preservation, and inventory management. Must have strong technical background in supervising and managing the work of library technicians, clerks, and other staff and have the ability to write standard operating procedures, manuals and statistical reports using databases and spreadsheets such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
- 2 years of prior experience working in a law library of over one million volumes
- 2 years of prior experience in one of the four technical areas (accessioning, collections maintenance, serials bindery/preservation, inventory management).
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing the work of others as well as library technical services (circulation, retrieval, collection maintenance).
- Exemplary project-based supervisory skills and experience
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues
- Ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient in at least one foreign language and who are able transliterate using Romanization tables.
To apply, visit: https://goo.gl/uPqR4a