Greetings from CUA ASIS&T!
We’ve set plans for our first service event of the semester and you are all invited!
Who: CUA ASIS&T, SLIS student/alumni/faculty/staff, & friends/family
What: Library Day at Washington Middle School for Girls (WMSG)
When: 10am-3pm, Saturday, Feb. 23 – lunch will be provided
Where: Library at WMSG; Carpool from the Brookland/CUA Metro will be arranged when needed.
- Sorting books — weeding and organizing
- Assessing use of space in library
- Shifting shelving and books
- Prepping books for cataloging
- Boxing books for delivery to “Reading Tree” bin
- Creating a bulletin board to feature new acquisitions
- Creating imaginative, middle school appropriate signage (F, NF, Ref, Bio)
By participating in student organization activities, you will be able to:
- Provide services to school, students, and library and information science community
- Gain practical experiences in various library settings (We are planning to expand our activities to a variety of library settings and age groups.)
- Network with SLIS and LIS community including students, faculty, alumni, and others
- Learn to do project management
- Explore various areas of LIS and much more!
Please email Dr. Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to volunteer!
Also, we are recruiting new officers and members for ASIS&T – CUA Student Chapter. If you are interested in serving or have exciting ideas for activities, please contact Dr. Sung Un Kim (faculty advisor, email@example.com)
ASIS&T CUA Student Chapter (CUA Student Chapter of the American Society for Information Science & Technology)
Student Members of ASIS&T may share their special concerns and run programs for students and other members of the community with an interest in information science. Through liaison with local ASIS&T groups, students may develop informal contacts and gain exposure to the professional environment.