LAC Federal is seeking an AlzPED Curator for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Librarian curator/project manager to oversee partnership between NIA and the Library focused on Alzheimer’s Preclinical Efficacy Database (AlzPED) development.
Other duties may include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in the development and documentation of studies, analyses, and reports
- Perform specialized research and technical writing tasks
- Study and analyze current advances in program practices and documentation and uses this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, practice, systems, programs, or technology
- Provide general input and suggestions for improvement of processes and products for the benefit of the library’s clientele
- Assist users in formulating search strategies and in locating materials using all available sources and tools
- Maintain current awareness about new products and sources of relevant materials or information
- Coordinate with government counterparts when information requests include extensive research
- MLS/MLIS degree from an accredited ALA University
- Must have experience with acquisition, cataloging of library materials including print, non-print, and electronic media, and providing reference services
- Proven project management skills, outstanding customer support skills, understanding of biomedical topics sufficient to interface and understand the detailed requirements of the customer.
- Some experience in providing bibliographic verification of requests and conducting literature and electronic searches on technical subjects
- Experience in assisting users in research through the identification and retrieval of library materials through a variety of media, including print collections, online databases, document delivery services, the Internet, and other online catalogs and libraries
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/7SEGpr
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.