Montgomery County Circuit Court Law Library in Rockville, MD is seeking an afternoon Law Library Aide who is detail oriented and has great customer service skills. We’re a public law library that serves the research needs of court staff, the local bar, and the public. Our library is located just outside of Washington DC—we’re a short walk from the Rockville stop of the metro’s Red Line. No prior law library experience is needed–we want to train you!
Starting salary: $23,000/year (part-time position, 20 hours/week, full benefits)
Examples of benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous package of vacation and sick days
- Free parking and Montgomery County RideOn bus pass
- Employer-match savings account
- Professional development opportunities
- On-the-job training and mentoring
- A supportive work environment
Examples of responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently process books, including labeling, shelving, and filing.
- Work with the library’s integrated library system to check in serials and monographs, control record quality, perform inventories, and run reports.
- Keep the library collections up-to-date and orderly. Assist library staff with writing, updating, and restocking information guides.
- Perform reference services, including accessing on-line databases and print sources as required by judges, court personnel, attorneys, and the public, both in person and remotely.
- Maintain the libraries of the judges, magistrates, and other court departments.
- Maintain the law library’s conference room reservations calendar.
- Perform data entry and maintain library databases.
- Complete on-going library projects and assist with special law library events.
- B.S., B.A., or paralegal degree from an accredited university.
- Basic knowledge of the American legal system.
- Minimum of one year of library work experience or a Masters in Library Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Microsoft Office Applications proficiency.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted with legal research experience.
View the full job description and apply at https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/cct/careers.html.
Position is open until filled.