The Loyola Notre Dame Library<https://www.lndl.org/> seeks a dynamic librarian with electronic resource management experience to join our Acquisitions unit. The Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian will provide day-to-day leadership, unit supervision, and strategic direction for the timely acquisition and maintenance of physical, electronic, and emerging-format resources. Additionally the candidate will follow best practices to enhance the discovery and delivery of electronic resources. With over ninety percent of our content budget allocated to electronic resources, the unit is actively engaged in providing patron-centered access to resources for undergraduates, graduates, and faculty at Loyola University Maryland<http://www.loyola.edu/> and Notre Dame of Maryland University<http://www.ndm.edu/>.
The successful candidate will possess strong project management skills, communicate effectively and collaboratively, and monitor and refine unit best practices for delivery of physical and electronic resources. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Collections and Access Services, the Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian is expected to maintain an awareness of national practices and trends. This position will supervise and evaluate unit staff and students.
- Perform day-to-day operations and supervise staff and students in the Acquisitions unit
- Lead staff, training, and operations related to acquisitions in all formats-examples include:
- Managing all aspects of the life cycle of electronic resources management
- Managing maintenance and enhancement of discovery layer and knowledge base(s)
- Coordinating GOBI ordering and shelf-ready initiatives
- Developing cross-unit workflows with Cataloging & Metadata Services and/or Access Services as needed
- Participate in collection refresh activities in collaboration with Access Services, Cataloging & Metadata Services, and Research Services
- Develop protocols and dashboard statistics to communicate acquisitions information to internal and external constituents
- Coordinate acquisitions budget and monitor expenditures with the Assistant Director
- Perform liaison duties in assigned subject area(s) to promote services and resources to faculty
- Participate in library-wide initiatives as assigned;
- Participate in the University System of Maryland & Affiliated Institutions<http://usmai.org/> (USMAI) consortium regarding policies, standards, and best practices that benefit a shared ILS environment.
- ALA-accredited Master’s in Library/Information Science or equivalent
- 2-3 years of professional experience in an academic library setting
- 1-3 years of experience managing, implementing, or integrating acquisitions processes
- 1-3 years of hands-on, recent experience managing the life cycle of electronic and continuing resources including budgets, licensing, technology, and assessment
- Working knowledge of budget monitoring and reporting in an integrated library system environment (currently Ex Libris’ Aleph)
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, set performance expectations, manage projects, work in a team environment, assess outcomes, and achieve goals
- Demonstrated experience integrating payment and ordering data (e.g., EDI and EOD) and using acquisitions systems (e.g., GOBI)
- Demonstrated experience with external services and tools (e.g., EZproxy, knowledge bases, link resolvers, A to Z lists, and OCLC)
- Extensive knowledge of descriptive, structural, and administrative metadata as it relates to access and discovery of resources
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment and demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Experience with rapid cataloging processes
- Knowledge of discovery layer structures and batch loading processes
- Working knowledge of ILLiad
- Experience working with library consortia
- Understanding of future trends (e.g., data visualization, cloud computing, and text mining).
About the Library:
The Loyola Notre Dame Library<https://www.lndl.org/>, located in northern Baltimore City, is a member of the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions<http://usmai.org/> and serves Loyola University Maryland<http://www.loyola.edu/> and Notre Dame of Maryland University<http://www.ndm.edu/>. The library serves as an integral part of the campuses by providing information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of the two institutions. Loyola University Maryland, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities<http://www.ajcunet.edu/institutions/>, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning. Notre Dame of Maryland University is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a student population of over 6,100 FTE.
The Library offers an excellent benefits package that includes medical, access to dental, life, disability insurance, and TIAA retirement. Librarians also receive support for professional development. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre‐employment background check.
The Loyola Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Acquisitions & Resource Management Librarian” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org <mail to:email@example.com>.