The Loyola Notre Dame Library (Baltimore, MD) offers an Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Internship to a currently-enrolled student in an ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS program. The successful candidate will demonstrate interest in an academic library career and bring enthusiasm and creativity to the assigned projects. The position is unpaid, but is designed to fulfill 120 hours toward completion of course credits/practicum requirements during fall 2018.
- Electronic Resources Management & Troubleshooting (60 hours)
- Troubleshoot and resolve access issues for electronic resources.
- Develop skills and perform tasks to manage and maintain Knowledge Base (KB) of library resources and discovery layer integration.
- Collection Management & Reporting (40 hours)
- Assist in preparing collection and usage statistics reports to inform renewal decisions.
- Collaborate with librarians and staff on ongoing collection refresh project.
- Resource Marketing (10 hours)
- Coordinate marketing efforts for electronic resources including “Resource of the Month” features and Database List improvements.
- Documentation (10 hours)
- Assist in developing and organizing unit-wide documentation of procedures for future interns, staff, and students.
- Current MLS/MLIS student in ALA-accredited program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Interest in acquisitions, electronic resources, or resource management in an academic library setting.
- Email application materials to Kimberly Arleth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attach a
- A cover letter
- A current resume highlighting your qualifications and applicable courses completed
- Names and contact information of three (3) references.
The position will remain open until filled.