The Loyola Notre Dame Library<https://www.lndl.org/> (LNDL) seeks a collaborative, organized, and detail oriented individual to join the Acquisitions unit located in the Collections and Access Services Department. This individual works across library units and with university faculty to purchase library content and make it easily available and discoverable to the university communities that the library serves. The successful candidate will report to the Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian.
* Orders library content;
* Processes payments and tracks expenditures;
* Communicates with vendors to investigate and resolve account or purchase issues;
* Manages receipt and transfer of library materials to units in the Library;
* Participates in gathering usage statistics and data analysis;
* Oversees processing and maintenance of subscriptions;
* Assists in managing student worker assignments;
* Assists with basic electronic resource troubleshooting;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree;
● Demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately with attention to detail;
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills to manage multiple workflows and projects;
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives;
● Strong commitment to user-focused customer service;
● Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
● Proficiency in use of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office;
● Ability to lift 40 pounds, with or without accommodation.
● Academic library experience;
● Working knowledge of Aleph or other integrated library system or similar database programs;
● Experience working with budgets;
● Supervisory experience;
● Understanding of bibliographic, holdings, and item records for materials in multiple formats;
● Knowledge of patterns of serial publication.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Acquisitions & Electronic Resources Assistant” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator, at email@example.com.