Please email Doris Miles at HistoryAssociates to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
History Associates is currentlyrecruiting a number of qualified individuals with experience in archivalarrangement for an immediate opportunity in Beltsville, Maryland. Thisopportunity is expected to run for approximately 3-4 months and hiring will bemade on a temporary basis. Positions are full-time; 40 hours per week.Temporary archivists are not eligible for benefits offered by HistoryAssociates.
Working under the supervision of anon-site team leader and within strict deadlines, selected candidates will workas part of a team to sort and arrange a large collection of unprocessed recordsbelonging to a major federal entity.Selected candidates are expected toperform the following activities:
– Sort records into record groups
– Arrange records according to an existing hierarchy
– Title folders in accordance with defined naming conventions
– Create box lists
In performing these tasks, thearchivists will ensure accuracy of work and prepare material for digitization.All work will be subject to routine review by the project manager and client.
– Master’s degree in library science, history, or related discipline with a concentration in archival studies or archival courses, seminars, internships, or relevant practical experience.
– Demonstrated experience arranging and describing records
– Understanding of and experience in implementing archival hierarchies
– Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
– Proven examples of working under strict deadlines
– Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others on a team
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualified applicants should e-mail acover letter that indicates interest/qualifications in the position, resume,(unofficial) transcripts, names and contact information (including e-mailaddress) of three professional references to:
History Associates Incorporated
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
– See more at:http://www.
Hey CUA LIS!
Did you receive a scholarship?
Present at a conference?
Write for a professional outlet?
We'd love to highlight you on our News & Events blog!
Email Margaret Pooley at email@example.com for more information.
- Events (120)
- Jobs (278)
- News (151)
- News & Events (207)
- Project Archivist – History Associates Incorporated – Beltsville, MD
- Electronic Resources Librarian – George Mason University – Fairfax, VA
- Cataloger and Metadata Librarian – Loyola/Notre Dame Library – Baltimore, MD
- Library Intern – FOCUS – Washington, DC
- Library Assistant – Dumbarton Oaks – Washington, DC
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012