Job Title: Program Analyst
Department: Legislative Branch
Agency: Government Publishing Office
Job Announcement Number: 16-1586541-MA
$53,435.00 to $84,044.00 / Per Year
Friday, January 15, 2016 to Wednesday, February 3, 2016
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time – Permanent
2 vacancies in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Come be a part of one of the largest digital information facilities in the world!
Make Your Mark on the reinvention of a major government enterprise. The U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) is Keeping America Informed by providing excellent publishing and information dissemination services for official and authentic government publications to Congress, Federal agencies, Judiciary and Federal Depository Libraries and the American public. Established by Congress in 1861, GPO was founded on values of integrity, teamwork, commitment, and dependability. Be a part of history as we continue this tradition through new technologies and strategic initiatives.
This position is located in Administrative Services Division, Washington, DC. The incumbent of this position will participate in all disciplines of records/information management including mail, transportation and logistics, disposition/retention of records, management of contract relationships with mail vendors such as UPS, FEDEX, etc. In addition, the incumbent will have responsibility for the review and analysis of GPO’s postage consumption and will monitor, report, and reconcile use of franking utilized by the agency and customers and aid in recovery of postage expenses.
The selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Selectees must pass a drug test prior to appointment.
- Selectees must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered for Selective Service
Back to top
The incumbent will serve as a Management/Program Analyst in the Administrative Services Division (ASD), and will perform the planning and execution of all assigned projects and programs. Depending on the complexity of the assignment, the incumbent typically is able to work independently, and with only intermittent and minimal guidance from the ASD management team.
- Collects, assembles, and analyzes data necessary to reach conclusions and devise solutions to assignments;
- Develop, track, and analyze data and metrics regarding assigned activities, transaction processing, and desired outcomes;
- Compile, and evaluate plans and reports;
- Administer and organize records management program to align with the agency’s business and mission needs;
- Work with the agency’s Chief Information Officer (CIO) on electronic recordkeeping requirements, records management applications, as well as the technology challenges of accessing and maintaining records over time;
- Provide policy and governance to include directives, on the use of records management tools to ensure best practices and agency compliance with applicable Federal regulations;
- Formulate records management processes for the agency, plans and implements logical filing structures, information access, and training;
- Develop vital record programs to identify and protect records that specify how the agency will operate in case of emergency or disaster (Continuity of Operations).
- Create and conduct record management training for agency staff; communicating and disseminating records management information to all in the agency;
- Analyze records management and other agency operations business processes and provide recommendations to improve workflow and create efficiencies by making use of automated tools, systems and technology;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Back to top
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
To minimally qualify for the PG-09 level, you must meet the below requirement:
Applicants must possess 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-07 (or equivalent) grade level performing the following: 1.) Assisting with the collection, organization and tracking of performing data; 2.) Assisting with identifying and analyzing problematic issues related to the efficient and effective operations of programs, and/or an office; and 3.) Assisting with the development of recommendations to resolve problems related to data collection, performance reporting.
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
- B. or J.D., if related
A combination of specialized experience and education that totals 100% of the requirement.
To minimally qualify for the PG-11 level, you must meet the below requirement:
Applicants must possess 1 year of specialized experience at the GS-09 (or equivalent) grade level performing the following: 1) collecting, validating and analyzing performance data; 3) assisting with the development of studies related to assessing program methods and effectiveness; and 4) developing reports and briefings for senior officials in support of program management, and performance appraisals.
3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or a L.L.M. in a related field of study.
A combination of specialized experience and education that totals 100% of the requirement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on your responses to the assessment questionnaire then we will compare it against your resume and supporting documentation. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job.
You will be further evaluated on the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) and/or Competencies required for the position:
- Ability to identify a need, gather, organize, and maintain information to determine the importance and accuracy, and communicate it by a variety of methods.
- Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resources allocation, and production.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; including translating functional requirements into technical requirements used for logical design or presenting alternative technologies or approaches.
- Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of both, internal and external customers, while delivering high quality products and services, and is committed to continuous improvement.
We DO NOT require a separate narrative statement responding to the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and/or competencies, however your resume should CLEARLY show possession of these competencies.
If you meet the qualification requirements listed above, your application will be rated based on your online questionnaire and supporting documents. If your final rating places you among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement Wednesday, February 03, 2016.
Merit Promotion Eligibility:
Back to top
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. We offer a broad array of benefits programs and family friendly flexibilities to meet your needs, as well as your family’s needs. These benefits include, but are not limited to: health care, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, annual and sick leave, long-term care insurance, retirement savings plans. For more information about these benefits, please visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits.
Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package, which includes 1) your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, 2) your resume and 3) any other documents needed to verify your qualifications or eligibility (see the required documents section). Note: If you do not answer all of the required Assessment Questions, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position.
Please follow the instructions listed below for submitting your complete application package. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all instructions before you begin.
The completed Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, February 03, 2016.
To begin the process, click the APPLY ONLINE button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click theSUBMIT MY ANSWERS button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover pagehttp://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 1586541. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you cannot apply online:
- Print a copy of the occupational questionnaire so that you can read and respond to the questions offline. Click here toView Occupational Questionnaire.
- Obtain and print a copy of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which you will use to provide your answers. The form URL is:http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
- Attach your resume and all required supporting documents (e.g., SF-50, performance appraisal, DD-214, etc.).
- With your completed OPM Form 1203-FX as the front page (where your name, social security number, etc are shown), submit your materials to fax number 1-478-757-3144. Do not use a different cover page.
If you are using the fax method to submit your application, you should retain a copy of the fax confirmation sheet and verify that your application was received by contacting the Specialist listed in the vacancy before the closing date. Wednesday, February 03, 2016
In addition to your responses to the questionnaire and your resume, you must submit the following additional documents specific for this vacancy:
- For Merit Promotion applicants, including GPO employees: Most recent SF-50 (indicating highest grade level held, tenure group, promotion potential and salary) and most recent Annual Performance Appraisal. If performance appraisal is dated within the last year or if you are unable to provide a performance appraisal, an explanation must be provided.
- For applicants qualifying on the basis of education: transcripts – official or unofficial.
All materials must be received by the closing date of this announcement to be considered.
- Content of Resume: Your resume will be used to verify your qualifications. Therefore, it is important that the information be specific, detailed where appropriate, and complete. Your resume must have complete information:Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total number of hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified and you will no longer be considered for this position. To assist you in sending in a complete resume, use our checklist at: http://www.gpo.gov/careers/pdfs/Resume_Checklist.pdf.
- Content of Transcripts: A transcript is required if you are claiming to qualify based on your education. The information presented in the transcript must be verifiable; at the minimum the transcript should contain the name of the institution, applicant’s name, list of completed courses, semester hours, and GPA.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Government Publishing Office
732 North Capitol Street NW
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After a review of your resume, required documents and assessment questionnaire is complete, you will be notified of your application status. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted. Applicants will receive notification when a final selection has been made.