Department Chair Young Choi cordially invites you to join her at Busboys and Poets for a reception celebrating the re-accreditation of the LIS program.
Come mingle with alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of CUA Library and Information Science. Drinks and tasty hors d’oeuvres will be served.
Friday, September 16, 2016
5:30 – 7:00 PM
Busboys & Poets
625 Monroe St. NE
Washington, D.C. 20017
Please R.s.v.p. by Monday, September 12, 2016
Digital Projects Librarian
<http://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/45346> in Digital Systems and Stewardship
Division’s Digital Conversion and Media Reformatting (DCMR) department.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, September 25th.
The search committee encourages applications from anyone interested and
requests your assistance in sharing this opening with anyone who may be
qualified and interested.
The law firm of Davis & Harman LLP seeks a part-time Law Library clerk to organize physical and electronic resources, and assist attorneys when needed. The position requires approximately four hours a week /eight hours every two weeks. The scheduling is flexible, but assistance is needed at least every two weeks. The position reports to the Firm Administrator and partner in charge of the firm’s library committee.
Essential functions needed in the Library:
- Accurately and efficiently process books, including, ordering, cataloging (Library of Congress), labeling, shelving, and filing.
- Work with the library’s integrated library system to check in serials and monographs, control record quality, perform inventories, and run reports.
- Keep the library collections up-to-date and orderly.
- Perform and track inter library loan requests.
- Perform research and reference services on an as-needed basis.
- Perform data entry and maintain library databases.
- Complete on-going library projects.
If interested, please contact:
Wendy J. Pierce Firm Administrator email@example.com
POSITION: Head of Technical Services
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
DEPARTMENT: Senate Library
SALARY RANGE: $81,415 – $126,194
CONTACT: Applications for the position must be submitted online; see the link below.
If you need an accommodation to submit an application for this position, please contact Human Resources at 202-224-3625 or stop by the Human Resources office at SH-231B Hart Senate Office Building
FEDERAL RELAY SERVICE: Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the Federal Relay Service at 1 (800) 877-8339 TTY
POSTING DATE: August 12, 2016
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled
REQUIREMENTS: Please see the full vacancy announcement and position description.
Interview and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
The online application link can be found below the posting for the open position under the Secretary of the Senate Office of Human Resources section of the Employment page on Senate.gov – http://www.senate.gov/employment.
All applicants must complete and submit the online Secretary of the Senate Application for Employment together with a cover letter and current resume to the Human Resources Department at the link listed above. If claiming a veterans’ preference, an applicant must indicate that he/she is preference eligible on the application or resume, complete the Application for Veterans’ Preference portion of the online application, and submit the supporting documentation specified on that form. Qualified candidates will be contacted if selected for an interview. Do NOT mail. No phone calls please.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: To be eligible for a veterans’ preference, applicants must meet all of the requirements set forth in the VEOA and applicable regulations. The eligibility requirements are summarized in the Application for Veterans’ Preference portion of the online application which may be obtained by visiting: http://www.senate.gov/empoyment/resources/pdf/SOS_VeteransPreference.pdf. If the Office of the Secretary of the Senate does not receive the Application for Veterans’ Preference and supporting documentation by the closing date, the applicant’s claim for a veterans’ preference may be denied. Applicants may obtain a copy of the Office’s Veteran’s Preference policy by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New students will meet alumni, faculty and other students at the LIS Alumni Picnic during the New Student Orientation!
Saturday, August 27, 2016
Law School Cafe & Terrace (ground floor of the Law School)
3600 John McCormack Dr NE
Access Services and Outreach Librarian University of Mary Washington Libraries Fredericksburg, Virginia Closing: 09/23/2016
The UMW Libraries are committed to creating an environment where students, faculty, and staff share in the creation and exploration of knowledge in the development of their academic and professional interests and in practicing the habits of mind necessary for life-long learning.
The Access Services and Outreach Librarian supervises staff in the access services unit and coordinates the use of student assistants in circulation and interlibrary loan. The librarian also coordinates the Libraries’ outreach and marketing efforts. Responsibilities include: coordinating policies and procedures for public services for the UMW Libraries, communicating and interpreting library policies to faculty, staff, and students, and establishing workflow and quality control measures in the Access Services units. The Access Services Librarian is responsible for services in Simpson Library throughout its hours of operation and coordinates with appropriate personnel regarding library security.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s program (MLS/MLIS).
- Demonstrated experience with an integrated library system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and experience to manage a team of staff and students effectively.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Experience with the the Alma and Primo systems from Ex Libris.
- Experience with student training and oversight.
- Excellent command of LC classification.
- Strong understanding of data collection and use for decision-making purposes.
- Experience promoting library services to students and faculty.
Salary commensurate with experience, $50,000 – $54,000
The University of Mary Washington seeks to enrich its academic environment by continuing to provide equal educational and employment opportunities. We actively encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
For more details, apply.
CAPITOL TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY
Full-time 12-month, Exempt Position
Capitol Technology University, a nonprofit university located in Laurel, Maryland seeks an Assistant Librarian to assist in running the University Library. Personal initiative, problem-solving skills, and a strong belief in customer service are required.
• Be creative and service oriented with the diverse faculty, staff and student body
• Keep statistical records necessary for reports requested by the U.S. Office of Education, State Agencies and Accrediting bodies.
• Partner with the Library Director developing, evaluating and providing instruction to first-year students in obtaining information literacy skills
• Update the website and portal with current and relevant information about events, changes to hours, library services, etc.
• Responsible for checking and responding to emails
• Assist with all research questions and search requests
• Keep track of technical services accounts/invoicing and changes in service
• Regularly work within EOSinternational, the library’s OPAC to ensure:
records are up to date, new items are processed and added to the collection (see cataloging manual)
over-dues are run every week
the static date is refreshed each semester
graduates are tracked prior to commencement to ensure all items are returned and fines paid, otherwise ID students to Registrar for a hold
when URLS are all updated , ensure all links are checked on website and portal
• Supervise and assign duties of the cataloging student aide
• Turn It In –create accounts for professors as the administrator and provide links to the tutorials on TII’s website
• Contribute to the school’s social media outreach
• Support program development
Ensure all flyers and notices for programs are advertised on social media as well as traditional forms
• Suggest items and resources for collection development
• Write briefs as requested by director highlighting new additions; possible research into new additions
• Lead monthly Book Club
POSITION SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or related fields
• Experience with developing and posting Web content
• Supervisory and scheduling experience with student workers
• One to two years reference and instruction experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and with diverse groups
• Experience with Drupal coding preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. You may also apply online at www.captechu.edu.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT: Capitol Technology University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. As stated in our Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy, as part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Capitol Technology University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.